Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Easter Dishcloths

Just before Easter I decided I needed to knit some dishcloths to give as gifts. And by 'just before Easter' I mean I had three and a half days to knit 12 dishcloths. Sure, you think, dishcloths are quick and easy. Hahahahaha. Ha.

I wanted to knit three sets of four. The half day had me knitting one and a half dishcloths. It also had me realizing that, 1. Cotton yarn is such an unforgiving yarn to work with and 2. Between life and kids, I was going to really need to push to get these dishcloths done in time. On the first full day I got three and a half done. The next day was Good Friday which the kids had off from school. I pushed through and got four and a half completed! That left three and a half for Saturday. I was also going to be spending quite a bit of time in the car Saturday. So I was the crazy lady knitting like mad in the car to finish off dishcloths.

Happily, I got it done and three sets of four dishcloths were given out on Easter to my dad and brothers/sisters-in-law. They were all very happy and pleased, so job well done...even if my poor hands hurt and my size 7 needle now twists in the socket ;-)

In case you're wondering what dishcloth pattern I used in my crazy endeavor, or if you have cotton yarn you want to torture your hands with, it is Gramma's Dishcloth and it is a free pattern on Ravelry. I used the hardy Lily's Sugar and Cream cotton yarn.

No comments: