Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Birthday Yarn from Norah George Yarns!

 Mark and the kids got me these two skeins of sock yarn from Norah George Yarns for my birthday!

The mostly purple one is 4 Privet Drive and is on the BFL Sock base which is 80% superwash Bluefaced Leicester, 20% nylon. The pink colorful one is Mermaid and on the Super Sock base which is 75% superwash Merino, 25% nylon.

I love Norah George Yarns. The colors are beautiful. There are a lot of Harry Potter colorways, but since I am not a HP fan I just pick out the colorways I like. Conversion rates and shipping from the UK does make this a more pricey yarn for those of us in the U.S.. It has become one of my special occasions yarns, hence these being birthday gifts.
Here they are caked up (that's some Berroco Vintage in the back). I picked the sock bases based on how much I liked the way the dye looked in each picture. I'm not too picky about sock bases. I do like it to have some nylon content, but I've knit socks out of several different combos and am pretty happy with them all.

I've cast on the Mermaid, but I have not had a lot of sock knitting time. Usually I can finish a pair of socks in a week, but I've been pushing to get my sweater done. Hopefully, I will have some finished socks to share soon!

You can check out Norah George Yarns by clicking HERE!

No comments: