Finally! I finished Irene's Hello Kitty hat. The pattern is free on Ravelry and is darling. It is knit with Lion Brand Jiffy and the bow is made with Red Heart. The hat itself was very easy, but for some reason I had endless troubles with it. The pattern calls for a size 9, 16 inch circular needle as well as double pointed needles. I have larger size 9 circular needles but no 16 inch ones and I have no size 9 dpn's at all. After two false starts I finally managed a third time to get the size I wanted on size 10 needles. Once I got to the decreases I somehow managed to mess them up. I had to rip back a bit. It was a relief to finish. Of course, then I had to sew the nose, eyes and whiskers. Plus I had to sew on the ears. The sewing makes me nervous. I can't sew and having to seam anything makes me nauseous. I am afraid of how it will look or that it will look wonky.
Surprisingly, I think I did a damn fine job! It isn't perfect and I hope no one ever looks on the inside of the hat, but Irene loves it and even Gavin wants to wear it around. So yes, I am quite pleased with myself.
W is for Winter and Wool
21 hours ago