Wednesday, November 9, 2011

With Gratitude

A happy surprise was waiting for me in my email last night. One of my wonderful blog readers and ravelry friends (I'm not including her name in case she wants to remain anonymous) purchased the Roar, A Dinosaur Hat and Louie the Lovebot pattern for Gavin! It brought a smile to my face :-) I am so pleased that I will be able to make those for him.

Getting these patterns reminded me that I received a surprise in the mail several weeks ago and never posted about it. A package came in the mail from California. For the life of me I could not figure out who would be sending me something. Inside the package was a bag of Knit Picks Gloss Lace in Sterling, a lovely card and a fantastic stitch marker. The gift was from someone I do not know, however we belong to the LSG group on Ravelry and she decided to surprise me with a little yarn to pick me up.

I love the stitch marker and it is one of the best I've used. It doesn't catch on the yarn and is small enough that it doesn't leave a gap.

I was thinking of using the yarn to make something for my sister-in-law's birthday. Then I found a simple but lovely cowl pattern, Superior Cowl. When going through the finished projects I found one that someone had made with this same yarn. I am soooooo using this yarn on myself to knit this cowl! Mine, all mine!!!

No comments: