Monday, April 16, 2018

Castiel Hat

For my birthday my brother Peter and sister-in-law Ashley gave me a gift certificate to Simply Socks. I used it to buy Hedgehog Fibres Merino DK in the Juniper colorway. I knew immediately that I would use it to make the Castiel Hat by Woolly Wormhead.
I started it and slowly knit on it when I had the time. On Easter I knit on it while driving down to my brother's. It's a four row repeat and rather easy to memorize. The yarn was a dream to knit with and I think it goes so well with the Castiel pattern.
 I finished and blocked it. Then woke up the next morning to a chilly house and unexpected snow. This hat went on my head and kept me warm while the house heated up. Oh yeah, I love this hat!
My one and only complaint about the yarn is that online the picture showed a skein that has a lot more pinks, greens, and purples in it. The skein I received had way more blue and yellow. So in that respect I was a bit disappointed. However, I love the yarn and would happily knit more of it (I do have another colorway picked out that I need to save my pennies for!). Plus, I love the pattern and would have no problem knitting it again, And I do love this hat even if it's not quite the colors I wanted. I will still wear the heck outta it!

You can check out Simply Socks to find Hedgehog Fibres and all the great yarn they carry by clicking HERE!

You can head directly to Hedgehog Fibres by clicking HERE!

You can check out the Castiel Hat pattern and all the awesome hats by Woolly Wormhead by clicking HERE!


No comments: