Monday, December 31, 2018

Last Knit of 2018!


My last finished knit of 2018. Another pair of socks! Vanilla sock pattern with a fish lips kiss heel. The yarn is Midknit Cravings on their Sweet Sock base which is 80/20 superwash merino/nylon. The colorway is Room For Everyone.

I bought the yarn in the summer...I think. It was during a time when a dyer of instagram was accusing another dyer of dying a colorway too similar to theirs....my understanding is that there was A LOT of bullying going on. This inspired the dyers at Midknit Cravings to dye a special colorway with the proceeds going to an anti-bullying charity. Now, this happened like 6 months ago. I truly cannot recall the entire story, so I may be way off on this. Still, I loved the yarn and the idea that there is room for everyone be it in yarn dying, crafting, or this country.

This pair of socks brought my totals to 13.6 miles knitted/crocheted for 2018. That is a personal best for me. I am kinda proud of that :-)

I hope that 2019 will be a year filled with happy crafting, hope, love, and good-tidings for EVERYONE.

Remember, kindness doesn't cost a thing. Spread that shit everywhere!

No comments: