Tuesday, December 25, 2018

A few More Knitted/Crocheted Gifts

 Pot holders were my gift of the season. After crocheting the 11 sets for the office staff at Gavin's school I also made a set for his teacher. Plus, I wanted to give her something extra. I was feeling a bit uninspired and ended up knitting a scarf for her. The yarn was a Lion Brand Shawl in a Cake that I had in my small stash. I cast on 250 stitches and randomly did rows of stockinette and garter.

 The bus drivers were also given a set of pot holders. That brought my total number of pot holder sets to 14. I'm kinda sick of pot holders. The above pic is the set Gavin gave to his bus driver. Included was a sample set of lotions from Happy Hands. Unfortunately, I neglected to get a picture of the pot holders and lotion set for Henry and Irene's bus driver.
I also managed to knit a new hat for Mark. Again, no photo. He left on Sunday before I had a chance to take one. In fact, he left with a still damp hat since it hadn't had a chance to finish drying.

I did manage to lengthen the sleeves on the Weekender sweater that I knit for Easter. At the time I had only done elbow length sleeves. I wore it once, at Easter, and never wore it again. I had two big problems with it; sleeve length and itchy wool. I did have two balls of yarn left and Sunday/Monday found me ripping out the sleeves and making them wrist length. I happily wore the sweater today with a turtleneck underneath. The yarn is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Tweed. It's nice, but my super special skin objects to it without a barrier. I did knit another Weekender sweater in October out of an acrylic yarn. I love that one. Oddly, on this one I followed the neck bind-off that the pattern calls for and it is tighter than I like. With the October version I did my favorite bind-off and the neckline is much more comfortable.

I do have a sweater that is 75% finished that I really should work on. Instead I am totally knitting socks. Oh well, I am just not up to that much knitting.

Until next time, Be Kind.

No comments: