Thursday, September 11, 2014

Initial Vests

 I wanted to make vests for the kids to wear for school picture day this year. I thought it'd be cute if they had vests with their initial on it. Not sure if it'll show up in the actual school photo. Of course, I think these pictures show it, and the children, quite nicely!
 The pattern is Kid's Vest from the book More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. I've knitted this pattern once before for my nephew, Eric. I used Caron Simply Soft yarn. It is pretty sturdy and is washable which is good when my kids are going to be wearing it. I found the yellow shirts online at Target. I 'eyeballed' the color and it ended up matching the yellow yarn perfectly. 
School picture day was this past Monday. It'll be a while before the pictures come back. I can't wait to see them!

No comments: