Wednesday, August 8, 2018

General Clucks and Kylo Hen



While scrolling through Tumblr I came across a post about someone's backyard chickens that they named General Clucks, Kylo Hen, and Hen Solo. I loved it and immediately wanted backyard chickens, too.

And then I wised up. No way am I taking care of backyard chickens. Nope. Not happening no matter how cute their names. Instead I found a knitting pattern on Ravelry so I could knit some chickens.

The pattern is Ester, Ernie & Enid Easter Chickens. There is a small amount of crochet involved. Basically just making a chain. The rest is knitting the pieces and putting them together. Only used scrap, worsted weight yarn. It took me about a day to make each one, so a pretty fast project depending on how many you need/want.

My need for cutely named chickens has been met and the only animals I have to deal with are my kids.

You can find the pattern for the chickens (whatever you name them) by clicking HERE.

No comments: