Friday, July 20, 2018

Keeper of the Progress Markers


I don't usually use progress markers. I love them, think they're cute, but most times I just don't use them.

A lot of the stitch marker sets I get come with a progress marker. So, I had 6 or 7 of them in bags. Not being used. Then Carrie, of the Creative Obsession Podcast had an episode where she shared a gift she made that was specifically for progress markers. She used a metal sock blocker, single crocheted around it, wrapped some yarn around that, and hung progress markers from it. Perfect!

Instead of using sock blockers, I bought an embroidery hoop and yarn from Red Heart. I singled crocheted around, wrapped some yarn around that, and made a tassel. Then I added my progress markers and the lsg4life key chain. It took around an hour to make, and I am pretty darn pleased with it. Today I even added another progress marker that I found with a skein of sock yarn.

You can check out Carrie and the Creative Obsession Podcast by clicking HERE! Her podcast is full of knitting, quilting, painting, and so much more. She is crazy talented. And very sweet.

She also dyes yarn! Check out her store by clicking HERE!

No comments: