Sunday, March 4, 2018

Standed Dyeworks



I recently found Stranded Dyeworks Podcast on YouTube. Amy is such fun to watch and I love the things she knits. Plus, she dyes and sells yarn!

Her website sells out quickly, but I really wanted to try some of her yarn. In particular, her Anti Valentine colorway that she only dyes once a year in February. The shop update that she had that would carry this colorway was at 10 am GMT. That meant I got up at 4:55 am my time in order to be online and ready to purchase yarn at 5 am. Yeah, I did it, and I got a kickass sock yarn for my troubles! 

It took about a week and a half to get to Michigan from the UK. Not bad. Unfortunately, I caught the horrible cough/cold thing that the kids were passing around. My knitting energy was/is very lacking.

BUT!! I finished the socks Friday night! Yay! I absolutely love them. I am calling them my birthday socks because I plan to wear them when I got out for dinner on my birthday. I may have even planned an outfit around them ;-)

I did just buy another skein of yarn from Stranded. I have non-sock plans for this new one. Can't wait for it to get here!

I totally recommend checking out Amy's podcast. You can find it buy using the search tool on YouTube and putting in Stranded Dyeworks Podcast. Also, check out the yarn at www.strandeddyeworks.co.uk !!

No comments: