Sunday, November 12, 2017

Stress Socks

As I've written many times, I knit socks when I'm stressed. Unfortunately, this pair did not help relieve my stress. Knitting this pair made me feel like I had never knit before.

Same sock pattern that I always knit, How I Make My Socks by Susan B. Anderson. Shouldn't have been any problems. And yet. The first of the pair had to have the toe pulled back twice. Twice! Then I had to pull it back all the way to the heel and fix that. By the time I started the second sock I was stressed from the stress of knitting. Add to it that all three kids and myself are sick with a cough/cold. Frankly, I am amazed that I finally finished the second sock.

But it's done. I've even caked a new skein of sock yarn. I am optimistic that I'll feel up to casting on. I need my stress relief!

The yarn is the Countess colorway from the Knit Picks Felici yarn.

~~~

If you read my last post you know I am withdrawing Gavin from public school. He is so stressed and sick from being there. They have him in the office, in a room alone, or just send him home so often that I cannot keep sending him. He is getting no education while being there, and this past week they've started keeping him inside at recess time. 

Schooling him at home will be a whole new kind of stress. However, I found a box curriculum that I feel will actually work for us. It gives me just enough hand-holding to make sure everything that needs to get accomplished each week is getting done. Plus, it has all subjects, including cool building projects. I am actually feeling hopeful about schooling Gavin instead of the absolute dread that each school morning brought. 

Of course, the box curriculum is not cheap. Right now it is not a purchase we can make out right. After stressing about it, I finally made a GoFundMe page in the hope of raising some money for it. 

You can check it out here...
https://www.gofundme.com/gavins-homeschool-curriculum

No comments: