Thursday, November 9, 2017

Homeschool Help

I am so behind on posting here. I do have a lot of knitting/yarn things I want to talk about. Instead, I am adding my plea for homeschool help.

If you read my family blog you'll know the entire saga of Gavin and the school. Gavin, my 8 year old son, has a type of anxiety disorder. He is in counseling. Yay! Good start. The anxiety is related to the school environment and actually makes him physically ill at times. (Tummy troubles. Oh the tummy troubles!) The school is either keeping him the office, including at recess :( or they are sending him home. Add to that the days he is home sick and we are fast approaching the school limit of sick days. Plus, he is missing so much school work!!! At least, by schooling him at home, he can work for a bit and have a break. Heck, he doesn't even need to get dressed! He can lay on the floor to work, run around when needed, and have breaks outside as a type of 'recess'.

I plan to withdraw him from public school and homeschool him. Unfortunately, money is an issue. I found a 'box' curriculum that has all the subjects he needs and gives me just enough hand-holding that I think I can do a good job.

You can check out the second grade curriculum at Timberdoodle.com. The Complete Package is $624.

So, I'm including the GoFundMe for Gavin's curriculum help. I admit I'm terrified of doing a poor job, but what he gets with me has got to be better than the schooling he is currently getting.

https://www.gofundme.com/gavins-homeschool-curriculum

If you're able to help in any way, I am so grateful. Thank You!!!

No comments: