Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Cat Hats

 Irene loves cats. Irene also loves cat ears. I've made her several cat hats over the years, but this is the first time I made one with ears.

The pattern is Cabled Cat Ears Hat by Lorna Watt. The yarn is Knit Picks Mighty Stitch Super Bulky. This hat knit up very quickly, but it also made my hands hurt! The finished hat is heavier than the typical hat. Very warm, too. Still, it was fast and the cables made it a bit more engaging than the usual. I did add an additional cable section to the hat to give it more length. I think if I was to ever make the pattern again I would use bulky yarn instead of the super bulky. That is just due to personal preferences on look and fit.

Irene loves it and tries to wear it even on days when it is 80 degrees out. Silly girl.
 And yes, I did make myself one. Irene and I have matching hats. We can be silly kitties together .

No comments: