Saturday, July 12, 2014

I Hat You

 One thing I seem to knit a lot of is hats. I love hats and I like to knit the kids hats for winter, plus there are just so many cool hat patterns. This past winter and spring found me knitting hats, hats, and more hats.
 First up is the Hat of America by Iam 4MAN. Gavin is a HUGE Captain America fan and he wanted a hat that looks like Cap's shield. There was actually a couple of similar patterns for this hat on Ravelry. I made Gavin's hat with leftover blue and white yarn, but I'm pretty sure I had to buy the red. The red and white yarn is Caron Simply Soft and I can't recall where the blue is from.
 Our small town actually has a comic book shop and a couple months back they participated in the free comic book weekend. Lot's of comic book characters were there including Captain America. We had to stop and get pictures.

 In the Superhero group shot above and the pic below Irene is wearing Wayside by Gabriella Henry. It is made with Cascade Yarns Ultra Pima Paints in the colorway Princess Mix. She picked out the yarn at The Clever Ewe in Ada. This pattern was an easy, fast knit that with the cotton yarn is perfect for spring/fall.

 This winter we had so much snow and so many days off from school because of snow. All the snow had me sharing the hat-love with my friend David and his partner Brian. They also live in Michigan and are only a couple of hours away from me.
 The pattern is Windschief by Stephen West. I love this pattern and would definitely knit it again. I should have had one of the kids model it since it looks so much better on someone. Oh well, cool pattern. Definitely recommend.
 Yarn used...leftover gray yarn from my Perla cardigan. Off the top of my head I can't recall what I used. The Brown mix is a Vanna White yarn that I bought yarns ago and never used.
 Once again Irene is modeling another hat for me. This one is All-Day Beret by Debbie Stoller. I made this once for a friend that is going through chemo. For some reason, that made perfect sense at the time, I did not block this into a beret shape. No, I can no longer remember what that reason was.
The yarn used is Lily Sugar'n Cream Solids in the color Ecru. I had enough of the yarn leftover that I am knitting another one. It is a great spring/summer/fall hat.

No comments: