Thursday, February 1, 2018

Christmas Socks...a little late.

 In the two weeks leading up to Christmas I decided that I HAD to knit socks for the kids to have on Christmas morning. Normally, not an issue...if I had planned a month in advance. Instead, I tried to knit three pairs of socks while doing the regular kids/school/house/life of everyday, PLUS the added extras of the holidays looming. I managed to get Gavin's done (the red pair) and started Irene's. I was still knitting Irene's on the Saturday before Christmas. We were in the car driving out of town to have early christmas with my family and I was frantically trying to knit as fast as possible.
 I finally admitted that the kids didn't NEED socks for Christmas. The holiday would still happen and still be great without knitwear. I did get Irene's socks finished Christmas Day, but Henry's socks didn't even get started until well into January.
They all have socks from me and they all love them. That's the important part. And next year, I'll plan much better....hahahhahaha!

The yarn is Premier Yarns Wool-Free Sock Stripes. Apparently, I bought it at the variety store here in town (according to the price tag) however, I have no recollection of doing that. Still, it seems like a good, hard-working yarn for the kids.

No comments: