Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Well...Damn

 I just finished knitting socks for my brother. Peter has size 15 feet. It takes a lot of time and yarn to knit him a pair of socks. BUT. He loves them, always thanks me, and even asks for more. Makes him knit-worthy in my book!

Anyway, he asked for a particular shirt for x-mas. I got an awesome deal on the shirt, so I decided to knit matching socks. Also got an awesome deal on the yarn for the socks. I put the shirt away as soon as I bought it. Never bothered to check the color because I was 100% positive it was red.

Guess what happened next...

The damn shirt is a kind of muted burgundy color. Not red. Ahhhhh! The yarn even comes in a similar shade, but I was so sure that shirt was red. Soooo sure. Now, I do not have enough time to buy more yarn, have it shipped here, and knit socks that'll fit size 15 feet.

I'm hoping he'll appreciate red tweed socks.


In other, more happy, news I do have Irene's teacher gift ready to go. It is two hand knit wash cloths, lotion (which I LOVE), soap, and lip balm (which I also LOVE) from The Humblebee. From my older posts you know that the bus drivers are getting a small gift that includes the Humblebee lotion and lip balm. I love this stuff. Seriously, check it out HERE.

No comments: