Sunday, July 23, 2017

Birthday Ties

 My brother, Peter, asked many months ago if I could knit him a tie for his birthday. I found a decent pattern, free from Bernat, that I thought looked pretty good. I am not totally pleased with the final product, but it isn't bad.
 The two yarns are both from Knit Picks. The green is City Tweed DK in the color Basil. I really like this yarn. It's soft and it knits up beautifully. I think it worked really well for the tie.

The yellow-ish yarn is Swish DK in the color Cornmeal. The yarn is okay, but I hate the color. It looked much more sunshine yellow than Century-21 yellow when I checked it out at the Knit Picks website.
Overall, I am pleased with the ties. I will be mailing them out on Monday with plenty of time for them to arrive before Peter's birthday.

No comments: