Friday, July 24, 2015

Knit two, bark one


 I've been knitting a lot of socks this year. After Father's Day I needed a break from socks so I knit a couple of dog sweaters for my brother's dog, Mollie.
While obviously not black, I knit the Little Black Dress with Pearls dog sweater by My Savannah Cottage. Used some leftover Caron Simply Soft. I cast on with a provisional cast on. Since I didn't want to add the beads at the neckline I knit a row then purled a row and then did Jeny's surprisingly stretchy bind off. It gave the neckline a small ruffle that echoed the larger ruffles at the bottom.
Even though I knit the medium size it was still a bit tight on Mollie. And, as you can see in the picture, she is thrilled to be wearing it.

The other sweater I made Mollie was the Dog Sweater for Small Dog by Brian Herzog. Again I used leftover Caron Simply Soft. I actually sized this sweater up a lot from the pattern and it is still a bit tight. Still I think it is cute on her and I actually really like the fit and construction of it.

No comments: