Sunday, August 25, 2013

Ice Cream Sundae

 The Ice Cream Sundae shrug by Dani Sunshine just became available on Ravelry. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to make one for Irene. The pattern was made available for purchase on the 14th. I bought it and set about getting it started. Irene had school pictures being taken on the 23rd so I knew I had to get it finished and blocked before then.
 I used Cascade Yarns Sateen for this project. One skein of pink and one skein of yellow was all that was needed. I found two pretty flower shaped buttons at JoAnn's.
 The yarn likes to split a bit if you don't pay attention, otherwise it is a very soft yarn and knits up beautifully. The pattern is well written and was very easy to follow. It was a fast knit. The only thing I didn't like about it was the short rows in the front and that was only because I don't like how mine turned out. I can see them and it bothers me.
It is a very pretty project that is quick, easy and fun to knit. Irene wore hers for picture day. I can't wait to see how they turned out!

No comments: