Thursday, July 11, 2013

I Must Like Knitting Baby Things...

When I started to go crazy knitting all those butterflies for the yarn bombing project I took a few days off and knit this baby sweater. It is the Room to Grow Baby Sweater by Laura Marconi-Cox. Such a simple and quick knit with an end result that is cute and perfect for baby.

It is knitted flat starting at the end of the sleeve and worked across until the end of the second sleeve. All garter stitch with simple increasing and decreasing. The neck is extra wide which makes it easy to get on wiggly babies. A small chain of crochet is used to wrap around the buttons to close the neck.

I added two rows of yellow followed by a row each of pink and blue to the sleeves. All that garter stitch is stretchy and makes this sweater perfect for when the weather quickly gets cold and baby needs added warmth. The size is 0-3 months, but I think it would stretch to fit a larger baby.

A quick, cute, and pleasing project!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

You are so welcome! I love this little sweater and it would go so well with garter stitch booties and hat.

Another baby pattern that I love and can be gender neutral is Mrs. Brak's Drawstring Bottom Baby Kimono with Raglan Shaping. I've made two and it is a great pattern for baby. If you check out my projects on Rav you'll see the mods I did to make it a little larger. I want to make one in yellow with duckie buttons. I need someone I know to have a baby!