Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cephalopod Yarns

 In June Cephalopod Yarns was having an Afghans for Afghans fundraiser. They were collecting knitted and crocheted items like hats, socks, and scarves. If you made something and sent it to them by the end of the month they would send you a code that would get you a free skein of Bugga! yarn.
Bugga! is 380 yards of 70% superwash merino, 20% cashmere and 10% nylon. It also costs $32. I admit, I wanted some of that yarn and I was willing to make a hat to get it. Normally, I would look at the yarn and say "someday" and end up never getting it. I just have a hard time spending that much on myself. Having this fundraiser enabled me to support their project, make a hat and get some kick ass yarn in return.
I paid $2.29 for shipping and got this beautiful yarn! The color is Ghost Moth and my pictures do not do it justice. I've just started a project with it, but you'll have to wait for it to be finished before I post any pictures.

If you get a chance check out Cephalopod Yarns. They have some great colors and the yarn is nice, too ;-)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Danielle, Isn't this a great idea? I would have gone back and forth about buying the yarn, but now that I've tried it I know it is worth saving up to get more. Plus, the hats and such that were made go to a good cause!

The colors are beautiful. Much better than what my pictures were able to show. I am making the Sempiternity Scarf (it's a long cowl) with my skein. I think it is going to look great and feel wonderful to wear.

Nicole said...

I forgot to add that they sent a single packet of herbal tea. I am currently drinking it and it is lovely!