Monday, February 6, 2012

Hoo! Hoo!

I received an email from my brother, Matt, saying that he loved the hat I made him. I wrote about the hat, Welldigger, as well as the other items that I sent in a recent post. Apparently, my sister-in-law, Kaye, also liked the hat and kept stealing it from him. Clearly, she needed her own! I decided to use some of my favorite wool, Stonehedge Fiber Mill's Shepherd's Wool, and make her the Owl Hat by Bonnie Jacobs.

If you've read my knitting blog before you know that I love the Shepherd's Wool and I have a small amount stashed. I gotta like you a lot to use it on a project for you! Anyway, I loved the owl pattern and it was free. I didn't have the correct needles so I used a size 6 and 8. I also cast on enough stitches to make two extra owls. The pattern was quick and easy and just a lot of fun to knit. It was fun to watch the owls come together with each row.

For the eyes, I only put button eyes on one owl. I figured it was a bit more subtle. A lot of the finished projects had eyes on all owls, multi-colored buttons and beads were used. I like a lot of the ideas people came up with. If I was to make the hat for one of my kids I would let them pick out beads or buttons for the eyes.

I haven't heard from my sister-in-law regarding the hat, but how can she not like it? It's cute owls!

I apologize for no links in this post. For some reason, I cannot get the links in the correct places.

No comments: