Saturday, February 11, 2012

Baby Gifts

Aren't baby knits cute? I made this little set for the mom of one of the boys Irene goes to school with. She is due anytime with a girl and said she wasn't really prepared yet. Of course, I felt like I needed to come home and "knit all the things!" for the baby. Instead I looked at what yarn I had available and picked out a couple of patterns that would work with them.
This is the Puerperium Cardigan. I had one small ball of Sidar Snuggly left and I knew I could get through the body of the cardigan with no problem. Once I got to the sleeves I was worried about not having enough yarn. My other problem was that I did not have the correct size double pointed needles. I used a size smaller needle and decided to make a three quarter length sleeve. I finally got buttons for it the other day. I wanted the buttons to be a similar color to the baby bonnet that I made.
The Baby Bonnet is from the book More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. It was super quick and knitted flat. I used a small amount of Shepherd's Wool in the Lakeshore color. The buttons on the hat are pink to match the color of the cardigan.
The Baby Socks are from the same book as the hat. Again, I used a small amount of left-over Berroco Comfort DK and knitted these quite quickly. The socks are made just like an adult sock so technically these are my first finished pair of socks.

No comments: