Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving

Dutch Girls Knitting
(free picture from Internet)
I love old pictures of people. I just want to know who they were and what their lives were like. I wish there was a way to find out about them. Unfortunately, I suspect most pictures will have a story made up by myself.
I have not been knitting much in the last two weeks. I've been knocked down by a cold with a nasty cough and on Sunday I got hit with a nasty stomach bug. Today I am feeling better but still not great. We are leaving tomorrow to go to my older brother's for Thanksgiving. I'm taking some knitting with me but my plan to have all three kids wearing their Seed Stitch Cardigans will not happen. Henry's and Irene's still need buttons and I've only just started the sleeves on Gavin's. Oh well, not much I can do.
I joined a swap group on Ravelry. The group is called Speedy Swappers. They have multiple swaps going on. I joined the Holiday Card swap. It is a less expensive swap since money is pretty much non-existent around here. We get assigned a person and we make up a box for them. In this swap we are to include a holiday card, holiday recipe, ornament, and notions (measuring tape, stitch markers, etc). The total amount to spend is between $15-$20. We can add more to our boxes if we choose. I have some ideas for a couple of extra things I'd like to include. I'm actually excited about the swap and I hope that my box pleases my partner. Can't wait to see what I get ;-)
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!!

2 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

I hope you're able to get your knitting mojo back now that you're feeling better!

Nicole said...

Thank you! I am feeling better and I'm knitting away! Christmas gifts need to be made and I am just the girl to do them...of course, somehow the time keeps flying by!