Sunday, November 7, 2010

Knitting Away My Stress

I knitted winter hats for Henry and Irene. It was a simple pattern from the Lion Brand Yarn website. It calls for Hometown USA yarn which is what I used for Irene's hat. The color is New Orleans French Berry. I love it and it matches her winter jacket quite nicely.Henry hat is the same pattern but I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky in grass green. The color matches the color of the inside of the hood and jacket.
I also made a birthday present for my brother, Matt. A simple scarf in a knit 2, purl 2 rib. I used Country Looms Loops and Threads yarn from Michael's. The yarn is very soft and I liked it. I just wish they had a website that had patterns for the yarn.
I am also working on a birthday gift for my sister-in-law. It involves felting, which I have not done before. The piece is knitted and I am quite pleased with it....I just haven't done the felting bit yet. I am also working on what I call an endless shawl. It was suppose to use two balls of Lion Brand Homespun. Of course, I used a different Lion Brand yarn and ended up running out of yarn two rows before then end. I bought another ball and then decided to lengthen the shawl. To do this I had to make sure the total stitch count was divisible by 3 which meant adding and additional 21 rows. Yes, 21 rows. That is because the pattern is 7 rows long. Yeah....I thought I was going to be done only to discover I don't have enough yarn again. I'm debating getting more. At this point I may frog it all and knit my husband a hat and scarf from the yarn.
As always, I am missing my mother like crazy. I feel very, very tired all the time. Life is rather messed up here right now. Keep calm and knit on.

No comments: