Friday, June 29, 2018

Wicked Ewe!




Socks?! What do you mean? Yeah, I knit another pair of socks. Of course I did!

I have no idea how I came across this sock yarn. I was on Etsy and somehow ended up in the Wicked Ewe Fiber Arts shop. And suddenly this yarn was at my door.

It is not a self-striping yarn...yeah, I know it kinda looks like it, but my gauge and stitch count apparently made that happen. I love self-striping, but I kinda wish these had worked out to be more of a mash of the colors. However, that is totally my fault. Once I saw what was happening with the colors I could have, and should have, ripped it out and changed needle size or stitch count. Oh well, live and learn, etc. etc.. I am still really pleased with these socks. And I wear them, so they're not hidden away at all.

The yarn is from Wicked Ewe Fiber Arts. It's 400 yards of fingering weight 80/20 superwash Merino/Nylon. It is a one-of-a-kind colorway called Barnsider.

Wicked Ewe has a lot of really great colorways. Give them a look by clicking HERE!

No comments: