Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summertime Knitting

I finished Gavin's blanket back in June (I think!). It turned out beautifully and Henry and Irene want one now. They are easy to do but kinda tedious. Irene covered up with it one day while on the chair. It is super soft and made using 3 skeins of Lion Brand Homespun. The color of this one is waterfall.


My current project is making cardigans for all three kids. I am using the pattern from the Lion Brand Yarn website called the Seed Stitch Cardigan. It is easy and fast and looks great! I finished Irene's except for the buttons. We are going to go button shopping for special buttons soon. The cardigans are made with Lion Brand Cotton Ease yarn. Soft and smooth and also lightweight enough for fall/spring. I have the back finished on Henry's and working the sleeves.


Lion Brand also have a jumper that is made with the same yarn that I'd like to make for Irene. It looks fairly easy and fast. I just need to get motivated...and find another 10-15 hours per day!

No comments: